Burn Permits are required for ALL burning in Lake County!
Burn Barrel Use is illegal and will result in fines!
Burn Permit Types
Where to get Burn Permits
You may need a Smoke Management Plan...
General burning requirements:
- Get your Burn Permit before you start your fire!
- Check the Burn Day Status before you burn.
- A responsible adult must remain with the fire at all times.
- You must have the Burn Permit at the burn site.
- You must READ and FOLLOW the instructions on the permit.
- You are responsible for any damage caused by your fire. This includes health problems induced or aggravated by smoke from your fire. Please be courteous and responsible.